Sunday, June 5, 2011

Garden & Trailer Update 6/5/11

I did just a little bit of general gardening today.  The heat here has been so unrelenting lately that I haven't really wanted to get outside in the middle of the day to really take care of what needs to be taken care of.  One thing I decided that really needed to be done was spraying the squash/cucumbers with neem oil.  I haven't used it before, but I read about it in the latest issue of Mother Earth News, so I decided to try it out.  I've been doing the hand picking for squash bugs, cucumber beetles, etc. but I think a couple of plants had gotten attacked by squash vine borers.  I hope the neem oil will help the situation.


Tomato bed from the top of the driveway.

Tomato bed from the bottom of the driveway.

Tomato bed from the neighbor's driveway, which I rarely look at the house from.

Beautiful, bushy tomato rows.

More bushy plants with a couple of young tomatoes.

Squash/Cucumber bed.



Eric and I also took a trip to Lowe's for hardware to rebuild the trailer.  We're using old pressure-treated decking from a porch we took apart one or two summers ago.  While I took care of gardening and cooking/cleaning inside, Eric took the old planks and plywood off of the trailer, and we moved it to the backyard.




No comments:

Post a Comment