Sunday, May 22, 2011

Red Top Mountain Camping

Eric was in the mood to go camping so I reserved a campsite earlier in the week and we headed out early Saturday afternoon.  I got stung on my right hand early in the day while attempting to do a hive inspection.  The bees seemed really agitated about something.  I was already going to close the hive up (after only pulling one bar out), and one of them stung me before I managed to get the bar back in the hive.  That ended up cutting our camping trip short, but didn't prevent me from going.  We arrived and set up camp on Saturday and went swimming in Lake Allatoona.  The water was still pretty cold, but I managed to sweet talk Eric into joining me in the water.  It was a nice relaxing day, and after dark, we laid in the tent talking for hours.  I don't normally get the time luxury to be able to do things like that, so it was really nice.  We were supposed to camp another night but decided to leave early because my hand was so swollen and in pain from the sting.  I should have just left the hive alone until we got back from camping.  I'll remember not to do that next time, and I'm definitely going to have to get some more beekeeping gear so I can figure out what's going on without getting stung again.

Our campsite

Lake Allatoona

Getting ready to go swimming

He found a froggy

Lake Allatoona

No comments:

Post a Comment