Monday, May 30, 2011

Garden Update 5/30/11

I got home early in the morning from being out of town visiting family and friends in Tennessee for Memorial Day weekend.  Upon inspection of the squash bed, I stumbled upon a little hatchling bird that was definitely out of place.  I thought it might be a Robin, but the mom definitely wasn't one.  After consulting Google, I decided to put it in a makeshift nest in the tree that it came out of.  I had seen the mother fly into her nest on several occasions, but since it was so high up in the tree, I had to give it its own nest.  The reading that I did said most baby birds won't survive if you try to care for them yourself, even if your intentions are good, and that as long as the bird hasn't been abandoned, the mother will still take care of it.  I hope everything works out, because this baby bird is a cutie!  I also did a hive inspection today, which I will document in a separate post.

Hatchling bird in the squash bed.

Zucchini almost ready for picking.  Perhaps in a day or 2 =)

Ichiban Eggplant plant

Tomato bed

Tomato bed

Pears!

No comments:

Post a Comment